Dockable widget stops painting on window resize

• So there is a video painting properly to a widget. When the widget is popped out, the widget screen turns black (the set background color), even though the video is still evidently decoding / images are coming in. The widget starts painting again if I either load a new video into the same widget or, interestingly enough, if I pop the widget back in. Likewise, if I first load the video with the widget popped out, it stops working when I pop it in. I resize the viewport / projection matrix etc. My current guess is that it has something to do with the context changing - somewhere in the code for loading the video there must be something that's dependent on the initial context and doesn't adjust itself to having a new one, which would explain why things start working again when the widget is put back into its original place.

As this is a proprietary professional project I am limited in what details I can share, so I apologize if there isn't enough information for you to work with. I was just wondering if this is some common bug / anyone has encountered a similar issue before.

• OK, got it.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You should at least give the Qt version you are using as well as platform your a running.

You can also check the bug report system to see if you can find something similar.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.