Install qt 5.6.1 x86 in platform CentOS7.0 x64

• HI,
    I have downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.6.1.tar.gz, and want to
    install qt 5.6.1 x86 in platform CentOS7.0 x64. Where can I find the refrence document
    ?

Thanks

• Moderators

@fighter Do you want to compile Qt by yourself? I'm asking because you downloaded Qt source code.
    Also, if you want to use Qt 5.6 you should use 5.6.2 (http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.6/5.6.2/qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.6.2.run).
    If you need x86 32bit build then you will need to build it by yourself: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/build-sources.html

• @jsulm Thank you for your reply.
    Yes. I wanted to find qt 5.6.1 x86 installation packages, but failed. So I have to download
    qt 5.6.1 source and compile qt 5.6.1 x86 source.

The reason of select 5.6.1 is my Windows project use 5.6.1 x86 32bit. Now I want to transplant Windows project to Linux project, so I select 5.6.1.

• Moderators

@fighter There shouldn't be any problems if you use 5.6.2 instead of 5.6.1. You could even have less problems, as it has more bugs fixed :-)

• After I installed gcc x86 32bit

yum install libgcc-4.8.5-11.el7.i686
    yum install libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686
    yum install glibc-devel.i686

I execute configure command:
    ../qt-source/configure -prefix /opt/Qt5.6.1 -platform linux-g++-32
    It works well.

But when I executed gmake, the following error occurs:

/usr/include/openssl/opensslconf.h:13:30: fatal error: opensslconf-i386.h: No such file or directory
    #include "opensslconf-i386.h"
    ^
    compilation terminated.

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

• Hi,

After I execute "yum install openssl-devel.i686",

/usr/include/openssl/opensslconf.h:13:30: fatal error: opensslconf-i386.h: No such file or directory

the above error message have been got rid of.

execute gmake command again, the following error occured:

cd textureandlight/ && ( test -e Makefile || /home/fighter/qt-build/qtbase/bin/qmake /home/fighter/qt-source/qtcanvas3d/examples/canvas3d/textureandlight/textureandlight.pro -o Makefile ) && gmake -f Makefile
    Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick
    gmake[3]: Entering directory /home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/src/imports' gmake[3]: Nothing to be done forfirst'.
    gmake[3]: Leaving directory /home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/src/imports' gmake[2]: Leaving directory/home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/src'
    cd examples/ && ( test -e Makefile || /home/fighter/qt-build/qtbase/bin/qmake /home/fighter/qt-source/qtcanvas3d/examples/examples.pro -o Makefile ) && gmake -f Makefile
    gmake[2]: Entering directory /home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/examples' cd canvas3d/ && ( test -e Makefile || /home/fighter/qt-build/qtbase/bin/qmake /home/fighter/qt-source/qtcanvas3d/examples/canvas3d/canvas3d.pro -o Makefile ) && gmake -f Makefile gmake[3]: Entering directory/home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/examples/canvas3d'
    cd textureandlight/ && ( test -e Makefile || /home/fighter/qt-build/qtbase/bin/qmake /home/fighter/qt-source/qtcanvas3d/examples/canvas3d/textureandlight/textureandlight.pro -o Makefile ) && gmake -f Makefile
    Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick
    gmake[3]: *** [sub-textureandlight-make_first] Error 3
    gmake[3]: Leaving directory /home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/examples/canvas3d' gmake[2]: *** [sub-canvas3d-make_first] Error 2 gmake[2]: Leaving directory/home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d/examples'
    gmake[1]: *** [sub-examples-make_first] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fighter/qt-build/qtcanvas3d'
    gmake: *** [module-qtcanvas3d-make_first] Error 2

How should I do? Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators

@fighter You can disable the build of all the examples (you can build them later if needed).
    Add -no-compile-examples parameter to the configure call.

• Thank you for your help. Now I add -no-compile-examples parameter to the configure call, and run gmake command again. Command gmake is executing.

• gmake executed normally. But qt 32bit header files cannot find in the disk, instead of 64bit header files have been found(for example, qconfig-32.h did not exist in the disk, instead qconfig-64.h was found in the disk. )I don't know the reason. Can anyone help me?
    Thank you. The following is my installation steps:

yum install libgcc-4.8.5-11.el7.i686
    yum install libstdc++-4.8.5-11.el7.i686
    yum install glibc-devel.i686
    yum install openssl-devel.i686
    ../qt-source/configure -prefix /opt/Qt5.6.1 -platform linux-g++-32 -no-compile-examples
    gmake
    gmake install

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

@fighter said in Install qt 5.6.1 x86 in platform CentOS7.0 x64:

The reason of select 5.6.1 is my Windows project use 5.6.1 x86 32bit. Now I want to transplant Windows project to Linux project, so I select 5.6.1.

Out of curiosity, is it mandatory to build your application for 32bit on Linux ? The fact that you used a 32bit Qt on Windows doesn't make it mandatory to also build your application in 32bit on other platforms.

• @SGaist Thank you for your reply.
    In fact my application have 32bit and 64bit version in Windows. Windows QT version is
    qt_5.6.1-1_x86, qt_5.6.2_x64.
    So in Linux I also want 32bit and 64bit version.

• Moderators

@fighter You can check whether built Qt libraries are 32bit or 64 bit like this (in a terminal):

$ file PATH_TO_QT/lib/libQt5Core.so

If libQt5Core.so is a symbolic link then just use the file it points to.

• @jsulm Thank you for your reply.

[root@localhost ~]# find / -name "libQt5Core.so"
    /home/fighter/qt-build/qtbase/lib/libQt5Core.so
    /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so
    /opt/Qt5.6.1/lib/libQt5Core.so

[root@localhost ~]# file /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5.6.1
    /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5.6.1: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), BuildID[sha1]=b148d33ba6c8e59e0a1 61ff2a0c2af35ee42ad6c, stripped

[root@localhost ~]# file /opt/Qt5.6.1/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.6.1
    /opt/Qt5.6.1/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.6.1: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), BuildID[sha1]=2434bdcd 1cc892d42e5ff1ba772a48237a8a3e66, stripped

• Moderators

/opt/Qt5.6.1/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.6.1

is a 32bit binary

• @jsulm Yes. /opt/Qt5.6.1/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.6.1 is 32bit. But it is strange that qconfig-32.h
    did not exist in the disk, instead qconfig-64.h was found in the disk.

• Moderators

qconfig-32.h

The file is actually called qconfig.h

• @jsulm said in Install qt 5.6.1 x86 in platform CentOS7.0 x64:

qconfig.h
    The content of qconfig.h have qconfig-32.h and qconfig-64.h. Please look at the following:

[root@localhost ~]# ls -l /usr/include/QtCore/qconfig.h
    lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 18 Jul 21 17:01 /usr/include/QtCore/qconfig.h -> qconfig-multilib.h
    [root@localhost ~]# cat /usr/include/QtCore/qconfig-multilib.h
    /* qconfig.h */
    /* This file is here to prevent a file conflict on multiarch systems.  A
     * conflict will occur because qconfig.h has arch-specific definitions.
     * DO NOT INCLUDE THE NEW FILE DIRECTLY -- ALWAYS INCLUDE THIS ONE INSTEAD. */

#ifndef QCONFIG_MULTILIB_H
    #define QCONFIG_MULTILIB_H
    #include <bits/wordsize.h>

#if __WORDSIZE == 32
    #include "QtCore/qconfig-32.h"
    #elif __WORDSIZE == 64
    #include "QtCore/qconfig-64.h"
    #else
    #error "unexpected value for __WORDSIZE macro"
    #endif

#endif

• Moderators

/usr/include/QtCore/qconfig-multilib.h

This header file is not from your own build which is in /opt/Qt5.6.1
    Same for /usr/include/QtCore/qconfig.h

• @jsulm
    You mean I should use my own build header file in /opt/Qt5.6.1?

The file /usr/include /QtCore/qconfig.h is a link to qconfig-multilib.h.
    The size of /usr/include /QtCore/qconfig-multilib.h is not same with /opt/Qt5.6.1/include/QtCore/qconfig.h.
    [root@localhost ~]# ls -l /opt/Qt5.6.1/include/QtCore/qconfig.h
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 4339 Jul 25 16:41 /opt/Qt5.6.1/include/QtCore/qconfig.h
    [root@localhost ~]# ls -l /usr/include/QtCore/qconfig-multilib.h
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 501 Nov 5 2016 /usr/include/QtCore/qconfig-multilib.h

• Moderators

@fighter If you want to use your build then yes you need to use the header files from your build. How else should it work?
    /opt/Qt5.6.1/include/QtCore/qconfig.h is not a link, so nothing is missing.

• @jsulm
    Thank you for your patient reply. Thank you very much.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.