Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Image size issue on Android
- I have 10 PNG images and loading all them on screen using Image element.
- Each image is around 2KB. So total is around 2 MB.
- When I load each of them using Image element, memory usage of App on android shoots by around 25 MB.
- If don't load the images, memory for that app is decreased by 25 MB.
- I need to show all the images at same time.
Any hints how to reduce this memory consumption ? It looked very high to me.
mvuori last edited by
To assess the memory consumption, note that PNGs are compressed on disc files. The in-memory size is probably width x height x 4 bytes plus some overhead.
...But for any Qt device 25 megs is completely ok...