QAction from QToolBar focus behaviour

• Hi,

Currently I am working on an interface using QAction items from a QToolBar. I understand that QAction objects are not QWidget elements, although they get a "button" representation when I add them into my toolbar.

Now, when I click on any QAction item icon (in this context), it seems that the focus is captured by that item. As the QAction is not a button, not even a QWidget, how can I release the focus from it?

Thanks for your help.

PS: I tried using setChecked() and toggle() methods with no luck.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Maybe clearFocus ?

Hope it helps

• clearFocus() is not available for the QAction class so I used it with the QToolBar object with no luck.

The effect I am trying to avoid is very curious. I noticed that the focus/checked mark only appears when I click any QAction for the first time, then a subtle square remains on them. If I click on the toolbar or any other place, the mark around the QAction buttons used doesn't disappear, therefore it shouldn't be a focus reference.

Here is a low resolution example. Pay attention to the Cancel and the Gear icons "focus" effect. The blue button doesn't have it.
    alt QToolBar Buttons

• Moderators

@xtingray
    regarding the checkmark issue are you using any stylesheet style?

Try also this:

foreach( QToolButton* btn, toolBar->findChildren<QToolButton*>() )
        btn->setFocusPolicy( Qt::NoFocus );

• @raven-worx
    Well, in fact I set a basic stylesheet definition to the toolbar just to redefine the background color. I will remove it temporarily just to find out if that is the cause of the problem.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will give it a try.

• Ok, I tried removing the stylesheet instruction and it didn't work. The foreach instruction neither made any effect.
    I know this is a very subtle issue. I can live with it, but it's more about curiosity... I mean, what is the cause of this behaviour?

Anyway, thank you for the support.

PS: I am testing this code from an Android tablet. Maybe is this a collateral issue of using QWidgets in Android?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.