Get FontColor of QTextEdit Selection

• I have an QTextEdit where i can set different Colors for the Text, but i didnt find any Method yet, to get the Color. I have a ComboBox to switch Colors and if i select a Textpart in the TextEdit i want to get the actuall Color.
    Only Thing i found was QTextEdit.fontColor(), but that didnt work for selected Text in it.

You know what i mean? How can i get the actuall Color of the selected Text in QTextEdit?

• Moderators

Does QTextEdit::textColor() work for what you need?

Or you could always get it from QTextEdit::toHtml(). That should contain the color information. Of course you'd have to parse for it.

• Sorry i mean textColor(). The Problem is that this Method dont gets the Information from the selected Position in the TextEdit.

• Moderators

@Fuel Since you have a selection I'm assuming you have a QTextCursor for that in which case you could try QTextCursor::charFormat() which you can then use to get the color using foreground() and background().

• Thats what im looking for, but here the Problem is that the Method name returns a #RRGGBB value and i need the name. Like Blue or Yellow.

update:

I found a dirty Solution. i created a QPair Vector with String name of Color and #RRGGBB Value. Its not clean, but it works for my needs. If someone has an other Idea let me know.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.