Position offset Surface tablet

• Hello,

I have a program I designed for Desktop Applications for Windows with MinGW 5.7. I was curious to see if it would work on a Surface tablet.

It does work, except for a small detail: eveything is offset. For instance, I grab the screen width with
    "GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN)" and I use this to place my window in the center of the screen. This works well on WinXp to Win10. However on a Surface tablet with Win10, everything is offset.
    If I place an object at (0,0) it's fine but if I place it at (10,0), it will appear at (20,0).
    What can I do ?

Also, is it correct to deploy my program like this as a normal program or should I go with Qt for WinRT ?

Thank you so much,

Alex

• Moderators

@alecs26 said in Position offset Surface tablet:

Also, is it correct to deploy my program like this as a normal program or should I go with Qt for WinRT ?

WinRT is dead as far as I know. The Surface uses normal Windows, so no need for WinRT.

• Thanks.
    For the offset problem, I think it has to do with High-DPI scaling: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html
    But i'm not sure what to do to do it right.

Thanks,

Alex

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.