Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to store restore the colors in QGRaphicsView

• Hi All
    I have a QGraphicsView in which I have rectangles .

1. I have two modes for this QGraphicsView

View1 - in which I color the rectangles and I can edit the color of these rectangles. The rectangles colors can be dynamic

View2 _ where I always have no colors of rectangles

I have following flow

View1 - > in which I will change the colors of the rectangles

View2 - in which I will clear the color

View1- I go back to View1 .

My Requirement is to restore the View1 (with edited colors) before we got into view2

Is there any way to save and restore the colors for View . Also can I use QSetting for this ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

So basically your view number 2 is a black and white view over a scene while view 1 shows the original coloured content of said scene, correct ?

• @SGaist

Yes Basically I have following States

State1 -- IN View 1 I have colors of rectangles it can be red/ gree etc FOr example Rect1 is yellow

State2 - In View 1 I changed the colors of rectangles for Rect1 to Red

State 3 : Go to View 2 , there are not colors mean black and white View

Satet4 , Go back to View2 and Now I want to go back to State2 , where I have Rect1 as red

Also
    Another use case

State1 -- IN View 1 I have colors of rectangles it can be red/ gree etc FOr example Rect1 is yellow

State2 - In View 1 I changed the colors of rectangles for Rect1 to Red

State3 : exit the tool

State 4 . start the tool and now I want to go back to state 2 Rect should be Red

Please suggest some optimied solution

I

• @SGaist Any suggestions you have ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Qt-Enthusiast
    If you only have 2 states, why not just have a second color for your items and when
    in mode2, it uses that color to paint and if in mode 1 , use the original color.

Do you need to save to file, the colors ?

If yes, you could also just use the save/load (that you need any way) and simply load the color when back to view 1.