How can i cross-compile opencv and qt code using same compiler generated by yocto?

• In order to cross-compile QT code for my target i had a SDK generated by Yocto using
    bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5
    For opencv i had separate sdk.

What i observed is QT SDK doesnot have Opencv files as it should not be because it is for cross-compiling QT application. But opencv SDK has QT libraries but no qmake.
    What i did i used sysroot path of Opencv SDK which has libraries for both opencv and QT and compiler and qmake path from QT SDK.
    The error i get is:
    libpthread and libpthread_nonshared not found.
    Qt creator always searches the libs in /usr/lib instead of /opt/poky/1.6.1/.....
    Is that the right way to compile an application both with QT and opencv for Yocto linux image?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What do you mean by "You have a separate SDK" ?

• I had a separate SDK for Opencv which doesnot have qmake to compile Qt applications. But i had found a way to have a single SDK which compiles both opencv and qt applications.

Solution i:
    Add to the image recipe against which you want to build the SDK:
    inherit populate_sdk_qt5.
    Now the do_populate_sdk task knows the target and will install the needed headers and libs on the respective sysroot.

Thanks

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.