Suggestions for streaming large data set

• Hi,

I'm currently working on an application that visualising a large streaming data set. The Item data it self is small (Several columns with numbers and strings), but I have several millions of them streaming to my application via shared memory. Im using Boost's Interprocess MessageQueue to receive the data. I can use blocking and non-blocking variants of message receiving methods.

I would like to present this data in a TreeView, each row representing an input data from stream. Also I would like to provide functionality for expanding items (+) and generating (requires some small search and data generation) additional hierarchical data related to that item.

I want to design the application in the MVC pattern; I have a decoupled model (QAbstractTableModel) and a view (QTreeViewtreeView).

I would love to know how experienced Qt developers would integrate my streaming data, model and view.

I have a setup with CMake 3.1.3, Qt 5.6.1.

Thank you,

Ali

• Moderators

Hi @GrandCentralDispatch , and welcome to the Qt Dev Net!

The first thing I suggest is to work through the Fetch More Example: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwidgets-itemviews-fetchmore-example.html . Let your model load your data bit by bit, instead of all at once.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.