Building Qt 5.6, debug files not being generated?

• I'm compiling Qt 5.6.2 from source (downloaded via the unified online installer). I'm using MSVC2010 and have had no issues building the release version of Qt. However, when I try to build the debug version, it doesn't seem to be generating any debug dlls.

Here is my config:

configure -debug-and-release -shared -prefix C:\Qt\5.6\msvc2010 -platform win32-msvc2010 -nomake examples -nomake tests -nomake tools -opengl desktop -no-angle -qt-sql-sqlite -make libs -qt-zlib -qt-pcre -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-freetype

I then call jom then jom install. It finished without errors, however, I cannot debug any software. When I try to run a program in debug mode, I get the error :-1: error: LNK1104: cannot open file 'qtmaind.lib'. Then I checked the bin folder in my msvc2010 build and indeed there are no debug dll files (the dlls with a 'd' appended to the name)

What is going on?

• Moderators

Hi,

Have a look at this link
    It has a link to a pdf file which shows the steps you needed to follow in those days.

Out of curiosity : why not playing with a more recent version of Qt and MSVC (Visual Studio Community 2015)?
    You could check if the platform you're targeting is in the supported platforms list

Eddy

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.