QCA does not work (Qt5.8, Win7-64)

• Hi,

i have compiled last version of QCA (2.2.0) and linked to my application. So far everything semms to be ok. The call for supported "openpgp" after QCA::init get the right result (if(QCA::isSupported("openpgp")) returns true). But if i try to load a PGP key with QCA::PGPKey pSKey("keyfile.asc"); ends up with "QIODevice::read (gpgQCAPlugin::SProcess): device not open" in the application output window and the app is dieing. What's going wrong?
    THX.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

From an educated guess, you are using a relative path thus your application can't find the file.

• Thanks. After a deep debug session, i have found the reason. The issue is wiped out by installing GnuPGP on the machine.... No one has told me that!
    Now i have some trouble on loading keys from a key file. The QCA::PGPKey key = QCA::PGPKey("keyfilr.asc") or QCA::PGPKey("keyfile.p12") (for the same key in pkcs12 format) return with "ErrorDecode". Might be, i have misundersood something. I think i can load the keys regardless of any keystore. But with keystore, the decryption works so far. Thanks again.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.