[5.8, 5.9 windeploy_qt] Running windeploy_qt results in qrc:/main.qml:-1 File not found
- create a new dummy qt quick controls 2 app ("DummyApp"). (perhaps in c:\Users\You\Documents\DummyApp)
- build in release mode.
- test it Runs from Qt Creator.
- goto <build-DummyApp-Desktop_Qt_5_8_0_MSVC2013_64bit-Release/release>
- run c:\Qt5.8\msvc2013_64\bin\windeployqt.exe --qmldir c:\Users\You\Documents\DummyApp DummyApp.exe
- Run from Qt creator.
- qrc:/main.qml:-1 File not found
Any fixes? Work arounds?
The problem was that my path had qt 5.7.1 in it, and thus when windeploy_qt ran, it was in finding 5.7.1 instead of 5.8.
I wish this sort of thing could be detected by the framework. Lost half a day because of this.
@Dynite Good example for why you should not add Qt installations to PATH