Somehow != doesn't work as I think it should

• i found out you can not do not eqal !=...... it does not work!

repare IT

[Edit: Thread title changed -- @Wieland]

• Moderators

@07Pepa Works for me... here's an example from one of my apps:

if (button == "Enter" && pin != '') {
                            pwField.accepted(pin)
                            pwFieldText.text = ""
                            pin = ''
                            return
                        }

What exactly is not working for you? Show us the code, maybe you are using it wrong or what you are expecting is incorrect based on your variable state.

• @07Pepa

1. Certainly you can, and it works.
    2. This is not a Qt Company's support forum, this is volunteer based user-to-user forum, so we mostly don't do repairs.
    3. If your code doesn't work, show it to us and maybe we can help.

• I've had support log a call for something that maybe this:
    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59204 - is this symptoms you mean?

It's possible to have the line indicator confused - but the actual execution is still ok.
    I found removing all spaces in these circumstances seemed to make things happy.

It's just my guess... This is literally the worst request for help I've could imagine - a "doesn't work - fix it" call, totally horrid.

Maybe provide some code, contex, steps to reproduce ... and if you go to that much effort you mose well have searched for and logged a bug report (if you do actually have something) that way it's better for you and everyone else too.

• One could also speculate that in some cases !== should be used instead of != because the former means something like "not identical to" and the latter "not similar to" in javascript.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.