Qt creator community 5.8 on ubuntu 16.04

• Hi,

I'm trying to install Qt creator on Ubuntu. I have set to debug a random example program to see if it works but whatever the program I wanted to debug, I get this erro message :

22:49:19: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    22:49:19: Starting: "/usr/bin/make" 
    g++ -Wl,-rpath,/home/shamery/Qt/5.8/gcc_64/lib -o areachart main.o   -L/home/shamery/Qt/5.8/gcc_64/lib -lQt5Charts -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread 
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so : référence indéfinie vers « drmGetDevices2 »
    Makefile:232 : la recette pour la cible « areachart » a échouée
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so : référence indéfinie vers « drmGetDevice2 »
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [areachart] Erreur 1
    22:49:19: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project areachart (kit: Desktop Qt 5.8.0 GCC 64bit)
    When executing step "Make"
    22:49:19: Elapsed time: 00:00.

I precise : I'm on a dual boot with windows 10. (i don't if it can affect) and I have fond any post discuss about this problem on the net..

Thanks for your help by advance!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you had an update to libdrm recently ?

• @SGaist said in Qt creator community 5.8 on ubuntu 16.04:

pdate to libdrm

I have made some general updates but I don't know for this specially ,what should I verify ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

AFAIK, drmGetDevice2 drmGetDevices2 are from that library. It's pretty strange that these symbols become suddenly missing. One thing you can try is to add LIBS += -ldrm but it shouldn't be needed.

• @SGaist Your solution is working... Thank you.
    However I don't get why I need to add this, Qt isn't supposed to make the link by itself ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

It does, however there might have been a change in the dependencies in which case Qt may not yet be aware of that.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.