Multi-TableViews nested in a Flickable and mouse/wheel events

• Hello all,

In a desktop application, I have a Flickable that contains 2 TableViews setup something like this:

Flickable {
               contentHeight: column.height
               Column {
                   id: column
                   Text {} // title
                   TableView {
                       height: row.height * rowCount
                   }
                   Text{} // title
                   TableView {
                       height: row.height * rowCount
                   }
               }
           }

Now the issue is that the TableView eats all mouse event and I wish the Flickable to be scrollable using the regular mouse grab and the wheel.
    I did usedpressDelay: 100 on the Flickable which would solve the grab to flick but would prevent double-click to work. (and still doesn't fix wheel events.)
    flickableItem.interactive in tableView has no effect.

I use the TableViews to present data listView style but with headers (with sorting later on), I don't have any cell handling/interaction except click to select row, double-click/enter to activate and arrow up/down to navigate.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you in advances for any help.

• So I kind of half fixed my issue:
    if add

Binding {
            target: __mouseArea
            property: "preventStealing"
            value: false
    }

in TableView I do get the flicking back but having to access a private var property feel a little hackish.

Now the issue left is that my mouse wheel event are still not propagated to the flickable.

N.B: forgot to specify, I'm using Qt 5.7

• small update on what prevent me from getting the wheel event in the flickable when the mouse is on a tableview.
    Based on source:
    TableView is base on BasicTableView which is based on ScrollView which contains a WheelArea in a internal item that I can't access.

in https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtquickcontrols.git/tree/src/controls/ScrollView.qml it's wheelArea inside the children property and I can't find a way to deactivate it as it is in a internal Item.

Any idee ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.