Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt3D physics aspect

• Hi! I'm trying to figure out the best way forward for building a game in the new Qt3D introduced in Qt 5.7.
    Specifically I wonder if there exist a solution of how to apply physics in the new implementation of Qt3D.
    If I understand the architecture correctly this should be done using an Aspect, but I can't find anyone containing physics yet so maybe that's for future releases.

If above assumptions are correct, am I supposed to create a QLogicAspect and call some third party library like for example Bullet Physics?
    Or is there another way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

This presentation might be of interest.

Hope it helps

• @SGaist Unfortunately the topic of physics based rendering is completely unrelated to what @Lassson asked. His question is about multibody dynamics.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Right ! Something was telling me I was thinking about the wrong "aspect" of the question.

So the unofficial QtPhysics project might be of more interests.

• @SGaist: haha "aspect"... Nice. I've seen that and it's really cool though.

QtPhysics is interesting! I have stumbled upon it but in my confusion I've thought it was for the old Qt3D. But you're right it says Qt3D 2.x. I will give this a shot!

Thank you both! :)