Removal of TWM frames

• Hi,

I am building an application for Redhat using TWM and QT 4.7.2 I wish to prevent the user from iconizing, moving, closing, etc the popups from outside my application, so desire removing the TWM applied frame. The problem I have is that when attempting to use the QT window flags, in TWM

1. Qt::Dialog | Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint| Qt::FramelessWindowHint, doesn't appear to remove the frame in TWM like it does elsewhere

2. Qt::Dialog | Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint| Qt::X11BypassWindowManagerHint | Qt::FramelessWindowHint removes the frame, but then won't let me set focus on an entry field to input data (ie. clicking on a QLineEdit field does not insert the cursor for me to enter data)

3. Qt::Popup | Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint| Qt::FramelessWindowHint also removes the frame and allows for entries, but clicking elsewhere on the display automatically dismisses the popup.

Are there any suggestion on how I can get a popup with no frames, will stay up even when the user clicks elsewhere, and will allow focus to change within the popup? For instance, is there a way to set the popup like 3) above, but bypass the event that closes the window?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.