Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How can I put extra files into my android bundle?

• In my code there is a line to load an extra binary file in to my APP, looks as the following:

QFileInfo graph_binary("./Models/graph_binary.pb");

This file is loaded for a 3rd lib, so I can not use the qrc file management.

How can I load this file into my Android APP?

The correspond config for Macs:

{
    APP_PB_FILES.files = $$PWD/Models/graph_binary.pb
    APP_PB_FILES.path = Contents/MacOS/Models
    QMAKE_BUNDLE_DATA += APP_PB_FILES
    }

For iOS:

{
    APP_PB_FILES.path = Models
    QMAKE_BUNDLE_DATA += APP_PB_FILES
    }

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You need to use the correct path to your data. Currently you're using a relative path to your application binary which won't be valid e.g. on iOS.

• @SGaist Thank you for your suggestion, could you show me an example how to correctly set and reference the pathway?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You have for example QStandardPaths.

• @SGaist Thank you for your information. But here my problem is how to put an extra file into the android bundle in the .pro file, Could you also give a configuration example?

• @LeoChen

In your case, it is better to use the Android assets file system(read only).
    Like this:

APP_PB_FILES.path = /assets/Models
    INSTALLS  += APP_PB_FILES

Then you can access to the data installed using the "assets:/Models/graph_binary.pb".

• @Devopia53 said in How can I put extra files into my android bundle?:

"assets:/Models/graph_binary.pb"

Thank you for your suggestion. In this way, I have successfully copy the file into the assets folder. However, since I am going to use a 3rd lib to load that file instead of QtCore lib, I get "Not found: assets:/Models/graph_binary.pb".

Is there a correspond mechanism in Qt as in use of assetManager on Android?

• @LeoChen

Yes. This feature is similar to Android. Here

• Well, I kind of give up and use an ugly yet worked method:

QString file_location = QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation);
        QDir t_dir(file_location);
        if (!t_dir.exists()) {
            t_dir.mkpath(file_location);
        }
        auto t_copy = QFile::copy(":/Models/graph_binary.pb", file_location + "/graph_binary.pb");

Then reference the file from the 3rd lib.