uic_wrapper.bat fails product compilation

• Hi,
    I've just upgraded Qt to version 5.6.2 (from 4.8.6) by downloading the source code and compiling it locally.
    Before the upgrade, while compiling my code I've seen a call to uic.exe from the Qt folder.
    The problem is that while compiling my code with the new Qt, a different call is being made ("call 'compiled_folder'\ uic_wrapper.bat").
    This results in error later. How should I approach this issue?

Thanks,
    Adi

• Moderators

@Adib Is your 5.6.2 Kit correctly set up? Are there any warnings/errors?
    Did you rerun qmake after switching to 5.6.2 and then a complete rebuild?

• Thanks for your answer.
    I followed the instructions on http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-building.html.
    Did i miss anything?
    I didn't get any errors/warnings and there was no mentioning of rerunning qmake as you said.

Thanks,
    Adi

• Moderators

@Adib The link you posted only talks about building Qt not about using that build for your projects. You have a problem while building your software with Qt 5.6.2, right?
    So my questions are still valid: did you set-up a Kit with Qt 5.6.2? If so, are there any warnings/errors? Did you rerun qmake after selecting the Kit with Qt 5.6.2 (you always have to do this when switching Kit)? Did you rebuild? So, how do you use Qt 5.6.2?

• Hi,

Indeed I have a problem while building my software with Qt 5.6.2.
    I didn't set-up a Kit with Qt 5.6.2. We didn't do it also in previous Qt upgrades. Is it mandatory to use Kit? Why should I use it?
    In our application during the compilation we use Qt as external libs. I've changed the path to point the Qt5.6.2 output instead of our previous Qt version.

Thanks,
    Adi.

• Moderators

@Adib That's why I asked how you build your app. Do you use QtCreator? qmake? If so then you need to setup a Kit - your own Qt builds will not be recognized automatically.
    "I've changed the path to point the Qt5.6.2 output instead of our previous Qt version" - where did you changed the path?

• Indeed I'm using qmake ("%QTDIR%\bin\qmake" -makefile 'filename'.pro -o %makefile_filename%). Could you please instruct me on how to continue?
    I've changed the path in my makefile.
    Thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That's pretty unusual to do command line development on Windows.

That note, what path are modifying in your Makefile ?

That's calling for trouble. You should rather setup your command line correctly than start fiddling with paths.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.