Send Signals between different Qml Objects

• Hello,
    I have some items define in different QML files and i load them dynamically base on user option in my main qml. I want when one of these items is clicked to load a specific item in my main QML file.
    As i was searching for a solution for this i tried Signals but i can only make it work if items are defined in main QML. I think the problem lies in the way i initialize my QML items(i dont know if there is otherway around)

The code below is how i choose which Grid to load (the items are initialized there) base on user option

function getModelFile()
        {
            if (choice === "1") return "Fourby4Mesh4VCs.qml";
            else if (choice === "2") return "Threeby3Mesh4Vcs.qml";

}
    Loader{
                    width:rowLayout.width*0.55
                    height: rowLayout.width*0.55
                    anchors.left: topologyLayout.left
                    anchors.top: topologyLayout.top
                    sourceComponent: none.none
                    id:loadTopology
                    source:getModelFile()

}

• @nnicou Your code tells nothing, I can't even see how it's related to your question. If you use Loader, did you follow "Receiving signals from loaded objects" in Loader doc?

• It is about signals between different objects. You are loading QML file through loader. This creates new object that representing that qml file. You can access the object creation loader through id:loadTopology.item.

You can define connections like this for the signals which are emitted from the qml files which are loaded through loader.

Connections {
    target : loadTopology.item
    on<Signal>:{

}
    }

Please note it is not about signals between qml files. QML files are components. You are creating the objects from these components. Signals/slots communication need to happened between objects.

• Sorry i have a edited my post but i am not sure if have explained correct what i am trying to do

I will add a photo that it may explained better what i ma trying to do
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1zHpsqEO9qBekZUYmZEUndDaWM

• @dheerendra Your post helped me alot and thank you for the explanation.!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.