QCanBus on Qt5.8

• Hi!

When visiting the main page of Qt5.8, we can read "Fast & easy integration and communication with devices and peripherals using Qt Serial Bus API".

My problem is quite simple: my CAN connection works well with Qt5.7, but fails with Qt5.8.
    I'm using a PEAK device, and I follow this example. It's a little bit different from the Qt5.7 version. e.g QCanBus::instance()->plugins() returns a QStringList in Qt5.8 while it returned a QByteArray in Qt5.7 but anyway, I modified my code to match with these new prototypes.

Here is a sample of my code:

if(QCanBus::instance()->plugins().contains(QStringLiteral("peakcan")))
        {
            foreach (QString bus, listBus) //listBus contains usbbus0, usbbus1, usbbus2,...
            {
                device = QCanBus::instance()->createDevice("peakcan", bus);

if(device!=nullptr)
                {
                    // apply filters
                    device->setConfigurationParameter(QCanBusDevice::BitRateKey, 500000);//500kbits/s
                    device->setConfigurationParameter(QCanBusDevice::ReceiveOwnKey, false); //readonly
                    device->setConfigurationParameter(QCanBusDevice::RawFilterKey, QVariant::fromValue(filterList));

if(device->connectDevice()) /******returns false******/
                    {
                        //blablabla
                    }
                }

connectDevice() always returns false, and I really don't get why.
    Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Arnaud

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I haven't used that module yet but did you try to print the value returned by QCanBusDevice::errorString ?

• said in QCanBus on Qt5.8:

connectDevice() always returns false, and I really don't get why.

Did you read documentation? The PeakCAN still supports only one property as QCanBusDevice::BitRateKey!

• Ok, I finally used the peak lib instead of QCanBus, where it is possible to use the filters and much more options.

Thank you all!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.