Audio Output Example on Android and iOS is silent

• I get no audible output on either platform, and I wonder if QAudioOutput APIs are supported.

I am using Nexus7 with android 6.0.1 and iPhone6 with iOS 10.2.1.

My own app has a sine generator and meters, so I can see that a signal is generated. I have a device selector that finds the "default" output device. Both this app and the Audio Output example are silent. Both use the QAudioOutput APIs.

I have an older Android phone and it works perfectly.

I have another App that uses the QMediaPlayer API for audio and that works on Nexus7.

Please let me know if you have had more success!

• Forgot to mention, I am using Qt5.7.0

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Can you check 5.8 since it just got out ?

• @zing0000

Here is the xcode output when I run the Audio Output Example

2017-02-08 19:38:27.316780 audiooutput[1600:1402980] [DYMTLInitPlatform] platform initialization successful
    QPlatformInputContext::inputMethodAccepted() does not match actual focus object IM enablement!
    2017-02-08 19:38:39.645862 audiooutput[1600:1402793] [MC] System group container for systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles path is /private/var/containers/Shared/SystemGroup/systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles
    2017-02-08 19:38:39.655261 audiooutput[1600:1402793] [MC] Reading from public effective user settings.
    QPlatformInputContext::inputMethodAccepted() does not match actual focus object IM enablement!

The app is running, but is silent. And the volume slider does not work!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Based on the Multimedia backends matrix both platform are supported.

Silly question but did you check the volume and mute state of your devices ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.