Passing QFlags between threads

• Dear all,

using Qt4.8.7, I'm in trouble trying to connect a signal to a slot on a different thread when signal/slot argument contains a QFlags...

first of all... is this possible at all ?

I'm declaring my flags as usual, with

Q_DECLARE_FLAGS (ACTRLFLAGS, ACTRLFLAG) 

and

Q_DECLARE_OPERATORS_FOR_FLAGS( NMyClass::ACTRLFLAGS )

but this seems not enougth when the connection is (queued) between threads... then I've try registering the type with

Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(NMyClass::ACTRLFLAGS)

and

qRegisterMetaType<NMyClass::ACTRLFLAGS>();

but even if I don't see anymore an error regarding the connection at run-time, it simply doesn't work... my slot is not called at all...

any ideas ?

thanks in advance

Giampaolo

[Added code tags ~kshegunov]

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC, you need to also provide the QDataStream operators for your flags and register them with qRegisterMetaTypeStreamOperators so they can be serialised in QVariant.

• Hello SGaist...

just for a test, I've replaced my QFlags with a plain int... and it doesn't work.... so the problem must be elsewhere...

I'll try again tomorrow :D :D :D

Best Regards

Giampaolo

• Moderators

@iw2lsi Does it work in the same thread?

• @iw2lsi Show us the code for the signal, slot, and where you connect one to the other.

And if possible the code for the thread start and creation.

• Qt Champions 2016

@iw2lsi said in Passing QFlags between threads:

qRegisterMetaType<NMyClass::ACTRLFLAGS>();

but even if I don't see anymore an error regarding the connection at run-time, it simply doesn't work... my slot is not called at all...

Depending on how you do the signal-slot connection and/or slot call you may need to adjust this line. Please show us the code for that as @ambershark mentioned.

• Hi all,

first of all, thanks for the support and sorry for the delay...

The problem was in my receiver thread... basically my consumer process was blocking the event loop in a waitcondition, and that's why I was not receiving the signals... Nothing was wrong in the way my QFlags was registered on the meta-object system...

thanks again,

Giampaolo

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.