Qt Stylsheet ID Selector does not work

• Hi,

i played a bit around with the Stylesheet. I write everything to a txt file and set it here in my MainWindow

My QActions are added in this function. I linked to the important one.
    As you can see i set the property name to test123 and specified it in my stylesheet. But it is not black. It has no colour.
    i also tried to make the hover border colour different, but it does not work, either.

Is there someone how knows why the id selector does not work??

• Helllo @QT-static-prgm

According to Qt documentation Stylesheet, id selector should be replaced with an object name of a widget :

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/stylesheet-syntax.html#selector-types

ID Selector QPushButton#okButton Matches all QPushButton instances whose object name is okButton.

I think that your mistake is that you are trying to try to use Id selector with QAction ( and QAction is not a widget, QAction does not even have a setStylesheet() function)

• @mostefa oops. Thank you. I got it working now. But how can i add a image for an QToolButton??

QToolButton#test123:checked {
    	image: url(:/images/toolbar/about.png);
    }

QToolButton#test123 {
    	border-image: url(:/images/toolbar/about.png);
    	border-style: solid;
    	border-width: 1px;
    	border-radius: 5px;
    	border-color: #a4daff;
    	min-height: 25px
    }

For the checked state image works fine. But for not checked only background and border image work. But that's not what i want.

• @QT-static-prgm

What if you write this for the unchecked state ?

QToolButton#test123:unchecked {
    	border-image: url(:/images/toolbar/about.png);
    	border-style: solid;
    	border-width: 1px;
    	border-radius: 5px;
    	border-color: #a4daff;
    	min-height: 25px
    }

• Also on the unchecked state you choosed to put image only on border with border-image property, maybe you want to put your image like checked state? in this case you have just to add :

image: url(:/images/toolbar/about.png);

on unchecked state stylesheet

• @mostefa that's what did not work. But i found the problem. image works only if there is a border-style.
    setting border-style: none works fine

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.