Different Context Menu for QGraphicsObject in QGraphicsScene

• In creating a graphical editor, I have reimplemented QGraphicsScene. Part of this includes the definition of a context menu by reimplementing QGraphicsScene::contextMenuEvent(QGraphicsSceneContextMenuEvent *). The code looks like this:

void MyScene::contextMenuEvent(QGraphicsSceneContextMenuEvent *Event) {
        // Create QActions
        // Connect signals
        QMenu *Menu = new QMenu;
        // Add actions to menu
        Menu->popup(Event->screenPos());
        Event->accept();
    }

I also created a subclass of QGraphicsObject for drawing my graphics item. For this graphics item, I also want to have a context menu, but a different one. And I defined it by reimplementing QGraphicsObject::contextMenuEvent(QGraphicsSceneContextMenuEvent *). That code looks as follows

void MyItem::contextMenuEvent(QGraphicsSceneContextMenuEvent *Event) {
        // Create QActions
        // Connect Signals
        QMenu *Menu = new QMenu;
        // Add actions to menu
        Menu->popup(Event->screenPos());
        Event->accept();
    }

Unfortunately, the context menu of MyItem does not show up when I right-click on the item in the scene. Instead it still shows the context menu of the scene. Any idea on how I can get the context menu of MyItem when I right-click on the item while having the scene context menu when right-clicking anywhere else?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

There was a mail sent to the interest mailing list mentioning this.

You should check the provided workaround.

Hope it helps

• Great, this helped me to make it work. However, I do have another question now as I originally reimplemented QGraphicsScene instead of QGraphicsView. This solution assumes reimplementation of QGraphicsView. What is generally the best approach / the difference between the two approaches?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

The scene can be shared between several views which might not all be concerned by that menu.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.