QNetworkReply and deleteLater()

• Hi there ,

Last post on this forum I talked about a SIGILL signal that comes up in debug mode in my program on the app.exec() .
    https://forum.qt.io/topic/74409/problem-with-disassembler-and-sigill-signal

After some research, I think I finally found where my problem is. It seems that when I initiate a QNetWorkRequest the QNetworkReply connected to my finished() SIGNAL seems to not be deleted.

This is my .cpp

QNetworkAccessManager *accessweather= new QNetworkAccessManager(this);
        connect(accessweather,SIGNAL(finished(QNetworkReply*)),this,SLOT(OnFinishWeath(QNetworkReply*)));
        connect(accessweather,SIGNAL(finished(QNetworkReply*)),accessweather,SLOT(deleteLater()));

QUrl UrlWeather = (OnlinePath + "/weather?name="+ Nom_SD );
        QNetworkRequest requestWeather (UrlWeather);
        accessweather->get(requestWeather);

Then I'm cutting the pieces of the content that I don't want with my SLOT "OnFinishWeath" like that

void Accueil::OnFinishWeath(QNetworkReply*rep)
    {
        QByteArray ba = rep->readAll();
        QString contenu(ba);

// RECUPERATION NOM MACHINE
              QString patternWeather = "<result>.*</result>" ;
              QRegExp regWeather(patternWeather);

regWeather.indexIn(contenu);
              Weather = regWeather.cap(0);
              Weather = Weather.replace(0, 8,"");
              int posWeather = Weather.indexOf("<",0 );
              Weather = Weather.replace(posWeather,9,"");

When in debug mode when I run the line accessweather->get(requestWeather); I find the SIGILL signal that chrashes my program.

• Moderators

@Amaury
    so is this a question?

• @Amaury said in QNetworkReply and deleteLater():

QNetworkReply connected to my finished() SIGNAL

You have no such a thing... you have connect(accessweather,SIGNAL(finished(QNetworkReply*)),accessweather,SLOT(deleteLater())); that deletes the manager, not the reply.

• add connect(accessweather,&QNetworkAccessManager::finished,[](QNetworkReply* reply)->void{reply->deleteLater();});
    • or change accessweather->get(requestWeather); into accessweather->get(requestWeather)->setParent(accessweather);
    • or just call rep->deleteLater(); inside Accueil::OnFinishWeath(QNetworkReply*rep)

• @raven-worx
    sorry wasn't explicit but I need to know what I am doing wrong with the delateLater function

@VRonin
    none of this solutions seems to work I still have the SIGILL signal for the last two proposition and have a protected issue for the first one .

EDIT : The program isn't even running my SLOT " OnFinishWeath" and crashes When I press F10 or F11 in debug mode on my accessweather->get(requestWeather); function

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Might be a silly question but are you calling accessweather->get(requestWeather); in the same method that you create accessweather ?

If not, you have a member variable called accessweather that you shadowed when constructing it.

• Yes I'm calling accessweather->get(requestWeather); in the same method.

I just found something that might be usefull to those who have this problem .

It seems that on Raspberry Pi there is some troubles by using the QNetworkAccesManager :
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59328&p=814919
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1154042

I didn't understand everything , if there's something to do to stop those signals on Raspberry pls explain to me for now I just inhibited SIGILL signals since it comes only from here ...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.