How to open Qt .ui file in Visual Studio 2013

• Hi,
    I am using Qt 5.7.0 and Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition. I have integrated Qt with Visual Stdio, using Add-in-Plugin provided in QT Download Page....

I am able to create and execute Qt project in Visual Stdio, but i am not able to open .ui Form file.

I would like to know if there is any possibility such that, when i click on my .ui file, i will be directed to Qt Designer.

Note: When i try launching QT Designer from Visual Stdio, my Visual Stdio freezes and Designer never gets opened.....

Any help is appreciated..

• Hi,
    you can right-click on an UI-file (in Visual Studio or the Explorer) and use the menu entry "open with". There you can define a file assoziation between the file extension "*.ui" and the Qt designer. Just check "Always open with this app" before you close the dialog.
    -Michael.

• Thanks @m-sue for your reply....

I tried that too....but not opening......

I am not able to open Qt Designer from my Visual Studio it seems........

• Hi,
    does it work in the Explorer, or not at all? Maybe you just have to set the PATH, so that VS can find Qt-Designer.
    -Michael.

• I am able to open Qt Designer from explorer... but if i try launching Qt Designer from within Visual Studio , its not launching.....

How to set PATH ?

Note : I am able to Launch Qt Linguist from within Visual Studio, but not just the Qt Designer alone...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.