QMediaPlayer: defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer" (Ubuntu)

• Hello. I installed Qt 5.7 using official installer on Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04. In both systems I have problem with Qt Multimedia:

defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"

GStreamer has been installed. Where is the problem? Please help.

• I tried to use system version of Qt, and examples work in it. But what if I want to use newer Qt version?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Which version of GStreamer did you install ? Did you also install the plugin packages ?

• I installed gstreamer0.10 with plugins, and it has started to work. But can I use gstreamer1? System version of Qt uses gstreamer 1.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You may have to rebuild Qt Multimedia (only that module) to use GStreamer 1.0.

• Hi,my english is poor.this is a simple way to sovle this problem on linux.
    1.> sudo apt-get install libqt5multimedia5-plugins
    2.> cp -a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/mediaservice/ /your/path/to/Qt5/.../gcc_64/plugins/
    The main purpose is to avoid recompiling the QtMultimedia module.if you want to recompiling the QtMultimedia module.you should:
    1.> install required gstreamer
    2.> cd /your/path/to/Qt5/.../Src/qtmultimedia
    3.> qmake && make
    4.> make install
    or:
    2.> cd /your/path/to/Qt5/.../Src/qtmultimedia/src/plugins/gstreamer
    3.> qmake && make
    4.> make install
    The second method of failure probability is very large.Depending on whether your gstreamer installed correctly.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Gnenux Your first suggestion is not a real solution, you are mixing plugins from different Qt versions built with potentially different options.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.