Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Creator, syntax checking do not recognize gcc extensions.

• Is there any way to turn off or add special case to Qt Creator syntax checking? I ask because now when I use for example gcc "Case Ranges" extension like

switch( size ) {
        case 1:
            // do x
        break;
        case 2 ... 255:
            // do y
        break;
        case 256 ... 512:
            // do z
        break;
    }

0_1480771471865_upload-ba18a049-62e7-4249-afe1-4c0a6816fe76

Qt Creator 4.1.1 show red underline warning which disturb reading code.

• Moderators

I don't think you can fix the underline in creator, no. Why not use a simple if-else and not rely on non-standard extensions?

if (size == 1)
        // do x
    else if (size >= 2 && size <= 255)
       // do y
    // ... and so on

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    I support @kshegunov recommendation to not use those extensions.
    However, there is the following feature
    (Tools->Options menu)
    alt text

You can change how the error underlining should look and hence also remove it.
    Simply COPY the color theme and u can alter it.

However this applies to all cases so not optimal but its still marked in the side so
    you are not killing the feature completely.

• @kshegunov

Because as far as I know, switch can be sometimes better optimized by compiler and for me switch is more readable but it is a matter of taste.

I also think that this extension should be in standard, but that is another matter.
    I report this behavior of Qt Creator to Qt Team as suggestion maybe it something will change...

Thanks all,

• Moderators

@xtech said in Qt Creator, syntax checking do not recognize gcc extensions.:

Because as far as I know, switch can be sometimes better optimized by compiler

Not in this particular case.