Material design on desktop applications (not QtQuick)

• Hi, I have nearly finished my project (1 year and 1 month since I started) I'm now trying to give my application a better style (I was thinking on something like google material design), and actually I found that material design is implemented on QtQuick, but my program is not running QtQuick so I want to give the material look to my app even though it's not on QtQuick. Am I able to do that ?

• Moderators

Hi! No, there is no easy way to do that. But you can experiment with widget styles and custom widgets to get something that looks more or less similar to Material design.

• Hi @Wieland thanks for answering me. i don't know how to do that is it documented ? I haven't found that, also do you know if anyone has done something similar ? (Maybe I can find something on github).

• Moderators

Yes, using style sheets for widgets is a very old feature and well documented. See Qt Style Sheets and Qt Style Sheets Examples. If someone else already did this for Material design, I don't know.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.