QDataWidgetMapper manual submit

• I have a huge problem with trying QDataWidgetMapper to work in manual submit mode. In the set method of my abstract model I always end up getting the old value of each mapped widget.

Changing the submit policy to auto solves the issue when I manually call .submit() slot on the QDataWidgetMapper.
    Of course I have my own 'apply' button which I need to do it instead. SO not sure why I am getting old values only when manual submit policy in place.

One thing I observed is that the data (get method) of my abstract model is called before call to set(). That is weird and might explain why I am getting old values because the get fetched from the model rather than from the widgets mapped via QDataWidgetMapper ?

this is extremely confusing and frustrating, someone please?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Can you provide a minimal sample application that reproduce this behavior ?

• DISREGARD!

Indeed there was something fishy with the abstract model. It seems if I invaldiate the model during one of the many calls to setData I end up getting the wrong value in the QVariant of setData. No idea why that might be the case, require some more qt internals knowledge. Somehow strange and unexpected but I got along it by simply rearranging the mapper fields, now order does matter for this particular case.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.