QtCreator not able to launch ios app with Xcode 7.3.1

• I am using Qt 5.6.2 with Xcode 7.3.1
    Building MyQtApp for iOS compiles but finally gives the following error related xcode deployment as it looks:

Automatic provisioning profile selection unavailable: A bundle identifier is required for automatic provisioning profile selection. Either enter a bundle identifier in the Info.plist, or select a provisioning profile to use in the build settings.

But ----> If I go to the build directory where Qt has generated MyQtApp.xcodeproj & double click it to open in Xcode, it shows the Bundle identifier field empty. Now if I put the correct bundle identifier & run from Xcode, all runs fine on my ios device.

So running from Xcode is all fine here. What should I do to enable to launch my app on my ios device ?

• Okay. I did some head-banging with this problem.
    In my MyQtApp/ios/info.plist, I hard the required bundle identifier that is com.mycompany.myappid in place of PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER. This fixed the problem. Is this a correct thing to do ? Do all Qt apps on ios have the correct identifier hardcoded in info.plist. I am new to ios.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC, it should be done automatically for you so there might something strange going on.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.