Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to find a binding loop?

• Hi, I am getting this message from Qt

file:///D:/dev/tools/Qt/5.7/mingw53_32/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicTableView.qml:551:13: QML FocusScope: Binding loop detected for property "itemSelected"

I work on quite complex project and I use

TableViewColumn {
                        id: column
                        width: tv1.width
     }

with TreeView
    The error comes up when I use SelecionModel

selectionModel.setCurrentIndex(styleData.index, ItemSelectionModel.SelectCurrent)

selection: ItemSelectionModel  {
                        id: selectionModel
                        model: tv1.model
                    }

How to find source of such error?
    How to debug so I can find the origin?

• Try referencing the selection model by retrieving it from the TreeView instead of by id... And try giving the SelectionFlag as an int. See if either of those suggestions work. I have code that does something almost identical to what you are doing and am not receiving a binding loop.

TreeView {
    id: tree
    selection: ItemSelectionModel {
            model: tv1.model
        }
    }

//Somewhere else I call the following.
    tree.selection.setCurrentIndex( styleData.index, 3 );

Where 3 is Equivalent to QItemSelectionModel::ClearAndSelect

Works fine for me. More detail may be necessary as it is very possible that you are calling "setCurrentIndex" in the wrong place.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I've seen recently that there's a small tool to help finding these loops that might be of interest.

See here

Hope it helps.

• @SGaist this tool does not work. Have you tried?
    I think the problem is in BasicTableView as I could not find loop manually yet.

• @NotJo4Ever it does not change anything

• where exactly are you calling setCurrentIndex?

• @NotJo4Ever

onClicked: {
                            selectionModel.setCurrentIndex(styleData.index, ItemSelectionModel.SelectCurrent)////tv1.selection.setCurrentIndex(styleData.index, ItemSelectionModel.SelectCurrent)//
                            //selectionModel.select(styleData.index, ItemSelectionModel.SelectCurrent)
                            mainW.contentX = tv1.itemIndention * (styleData.depth + 0.9) //0.9 is alignment coefficient
                        }

handler of delegate's signal clicked(var mouse) which is generated on click over current delegate

• Solved. Problem was in case of using styleData.selected

• So I was right from our chat?! Score!