Timeout using unified online installer

• When using the qt-unified-windows-x86-2.0.3-1-online.exe, lately I get timeouts when the metadata is collected and therefore I cannot install Qt by using it.
    Are there any server issues known or is it a problem of the installer (in that case I would open an entry in the bugtracker, because I couldn't find such one that affects the current installer)?

On my side I have permanently more than 20 MBit/s download rate and downloading e.g. the Qt-Offline-Installer for Qt 5.7.0 Windows x64 VS2015 takes me less than 5 minutes, so the problem does not seem be related to the connection itself for me.

• Qt Champions 2016

Hi
    Not sure what does it. I was sitting at a 100/100 and got timeout also.
    Seems to be related to location in the world. so if you are far away, the bandwidth is not so
    important as the latency.
    I have seen people have this issue from time to time in forum but no real clues to the cause.
    Often the post was resolved by using offline installer.

• Can the adress of the server, where the metadata are fetched from, be found so I can ping it and check the latency? Or is there any hidden feature to change the timeout-settings? Using an offline-installer would make managing different Qt-Versions harder again.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

One thing you can do is use the QtSdkRepoChooser project to modify which mirror you want to access.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.