OSX: "Unable to determine parameter value" when linking against own library

• I'm having a very perplexing problem when trying to compile an application of mine on OSX El Capitan that uses OpenGL. I have a (currently very small) utils library that's part of my subdirs project and that other modules within the same project use. However, when I link my test application against this library and run it, QApplication never gets past its constructor and the debug console is filled with millions of these messages:

Unable to determine parameter value. This will likely cause issues with CL context rendering.

The application hangs indefinitely on startup in Cl::valueForDevice until I kill it manually. However, if I don't link against my utils library (and instead copy the files into the respective modules that use them), the application runs fine.

I can't understand what it would be about the utils library that would cause this problem to happen. Even if I remove all implementation from the library so that it just has the utils_global.h file, it still doesn't work. The only way to get the application to run is to comment out the library reference lines from the .pro file:

win32:CONFIG(release, debug|release): LIBS += -L$$OUT_PWD/../util/release/ -lutil
    else:win32:CONFIG(debug, debug|release): LIBS += -L$$OUT_PWD/../util/debug/ -lutil
    else:unix: LIBS += -L$$OUT_PWD/../util/ -lutil

INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/../util
    DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/../util

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Might be a silly idea but, do you maybe have a name clash or something like that happening ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.