Progam does'nt build in release mode

• Hello,
    i have the problem that my program does'nt build in release mode. If i build in debug all build fine and the program will be run. If i try to build in release QtCreator says

EDIT: In the followed Code Snipits i have replaced the Programname with * to avoid misunderstandings i replaced it with [ProgName]

:-1: Fehler: cannot open output file release[ProgName].exe: Permission denied

I know this error if i forget to close a running instance of the program but this is'nt the case here.

At a clean build the folowing passage seems the major part of output

g++ -Wl,-s -Wl,-subsystem,windows -mthreads -o release\*.exe object_script.[ProgName].Release  -lmingw32 -LC:/Qt/5.5/mingw492_32/lib -lqtmain -lshell32 -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5Network -lQt5Core 

C:/Qt/Tools/mingw492_32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file release\*.exe: Permission denied

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile.Release:259: recipe for target 'release[ProgName].exe' failed

All object files and moc's are build so i can see but he will does'nt build the executable. How i say above this occure only in release mode. If i compile in debug mode all is fine...

At a clean up one error occured:

`D:\Projekte[ProgName]\build\ui_MainWindow.h konnte nicht gefunden werden <- In english "can't find"

I use the QtCreator 4.0.2
    Qt Version 5.5.1 with MinGW 32 bit
    The only think i added to the Project settings is the call of make install

Here is the .pro file with the relevant parts:

#-------------------------------------------------
    #
    # Project created by QtCreator 2016-02-18T15:58:47
    #
    #-------------------------------------------------

QT       += core gui network widgets

TARGET = [ProgName]
    TEMPLATE = app

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11
    DEFINES = QT_MESSAGELOGCONTEXT

build_pass:CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
        CONFIG += warn_on
    }

#######################################
    # Deploy Settings

TARGET_CUSTOM_EXT = .exe
    DEPLOY_COMMAND = windeployqt

ProgramData.path = C:\ProgramData[ProgName]
    ProgramData.files += settings.xml
    INSTALLS += ProgramData

CONFIG( debug, debug|release ) {
        DEPLOY_TARGET = $$shell_quote($$shell_path($${OUT_PWD}/debug/$${TARGET}$${TARGET_CUSTOM_EXT}))
    } else {
        DEPLOY_TARGET = $$shell_quote($$shell_path($${OUT_PWD}/release/$${TARGET}$${TARGET_CUSTOM_EXT}))
    }

# Uncomment the following line to help debug the deploy command when running qmake
    # warning($${DEPLOY_COMMAND} $${DEPLOY_TARGET})

# Use += instead of = if you use multiple QMAKE_POST_LINKs
    QMAKE_POST_LINK += $${DEPLOY_COMMAND} $${DEPLOY_TARGET}

# below the list of files... 

So, i search since some weeks for the error but i don't finde them so i hope here is someone how can help me. If you need more Information let it know me and thank that you read this and try to help me :-)

best regards

• Moderators

@Krenox
    your problem is obviously the * in the line ProgramData.path = C:\ProgramData\* in your .pro-file

You need to avoid it.

• @raven-worx
    Sorry that isn't i have only replaced the regular Program Name with * i have changed taht now with some less unclear formulation. But thank you for your help :-)

• Moderators

@Krenox
    did you rerun qmake after every change to the pro file?

• @raven-worx
    Because this problem existet since two month i have run qmake serveral times and it doesnt change the problem. How i say the debug mode compile and i have do sumless rebuilds with clean the build, delete the build order, delete the .pro.user and configure a new project. But nothing of theme help, he will not build the executable in release mode...

• could you try running uic manually on your .ui file?

• Moderators

@Krenox
    you should post the actual contents of your pro file and also the exact error message(s). (Without your substitutions)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.