Deleting sections from a moc file

• Hi,
    I have QDialog called review (review.h, review.cpp and review.ui).
    When I run the program I get the following error message:

C:\Programming\Projects\build-Folkfriends_1-Desktop_Qt_5_6_1_MinGW_32bit2-Debug\debug\moc_review.cpp:70: error: undefined reference to `Review::on_pushButton_Submit_clicked()'

moc-review.cpp has the following code at line 70:

void Review::qt_static_metacall(QObject *_o, QMetaObject::Call _c, int _id, void **_a)
    {
        if (_c == QMetaObject::InvokeMetaMethod) {
            Review *_t = static_cast<Review *>(_o);
            Q_UNUSED(_t)
            switch (_id) {
            case 0: _t->on_pushButton_Submit_clicked(); break;
            default: ;
            }
        }
        Q_UNUSED(_a);
    }

where line 70 is the line starts with case 0.
    the pushButton it refers to is non existent any more but this line clearly refers to it. How can I eliminate this reference? If I just simply delete it it causes a SIGSEGV error.
    Thank you for your help.

• Qt Champions 2016

@gabor53 said:

Review::on_pushButton_Submit_clicked()'

hi
    Delete the moc file
    Remove the slot from
    Review.h
    Clean all, rebuild all, maybe run qmake
    and it should be gone.

• @mrjj
    I did as you told. The original problem is gone. Instead I get a few dozen new error messages. At additem.h I have this code:

namespace Ui {
    class Additem;
    }
    class Additem : public QDialog
    {
        Q_OBJECT

public:
        explicit Additem(QWidget *parent = 0);
        ~Additem();

For the class Additem row it gives the following error message:
    C:\Programming\Projects\Folkfriends_1\additem.cpp:6: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'class Ui::Additem'
    ui(new Ui::Additem)
    ^
    I assume all the other error messages come from the fact that the class definition is somehow incorrect. What is wrong with it? It used to work...

• Moderators

@gabor53 Looks like moc is not executed for additem. Did you rerun qmake and rebuild? Were ui_additem.h/cpp generated? Did you include ui_additem.h in additem.cpp?

• @jsulm I checked those files and the ui files were missing from the cpps. After fixing I get a new problem. In moc_mainwindow.cpp there is a line that crashes the program:

const QMetaObject *MainWindow::metaObject() const
    {
        return QObject::d_ptr->metaObject ? QObject::d_ptr->dynamicMetaObject() : &staticMetaObject;
    }

According to the debugger the line starting with return crashes the program. What can I do with it? (I ran clean and rebuild and qmake already.) I also noticed that I have Qt 5.7 but it runs with the Desktop Qt 5.6.1 MinGW 32bit. Can this be a problem?

• Moderators

@gabor53 Do you call base class constructor in MainWindow constructor?
    Can you show MainWindow?
    If you build your application with Qt 5.7 then you should execute it with 5.7

• @jsulm Here is the code:

mainwindow.h
    mainwindow.cpp
    moc_mainwindow.cpp

Thank you for your help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.