Cannot compile qmake for win32-g++ (cross compiling)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What compiling error are you getting ?

• Sorry for not updating previous post too quickly.
    What I've changed currently in source code is I've put that:

long KEY_WOW64_64KEY(0x0100);
    long KEY_WOW64_32KEY(0x0200);

at line 40 on both: MSVC_VCPROJ.H MSVC_NMAKE.cpp
    under C:\gnu\setup\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0\qtbase\qmake\generators\win32

that passed the previous error and failed on:

In file included from c:/gnu/setup/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0/qtbase/src
    /corelib/io/qfilesystemmetadata_p.h:54:0,
                     from c:/gnu/setup/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0/qtbase/src
    /corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_p.h:56,
    /corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_win.cpp:40:
    c:/gnu/setup/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0/qtbase/mkspecs/win32-g++/qplatfo
    rmdefs.h:74:5: note: previous declaration 'EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT NameDnsDomain'
         NameDnsDomain         = 12
         ^
    In file included from c:\sysgcc\mingw32\include\security.h:40:0,
    /corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_win.cpp:73:
    c:\sysgcc\mingw32\include\secext.h:26:3: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef
     enum EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT'
     } EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT, *PEXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT;
       ^
    In file included from c:/gnu/setup/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0/qtbase/src
    c:/gnu/setup/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0/qtbase/mkspecs/win32-g++/qplatfo
    rmdefs.h:75:3: error: 'EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT' has a previous declaration as 'type
    def enum EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT'
       ^
    In file included from c:\sysgcc\mingw32\include\security.h:40:0,
    /corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_win.cpp:73:
    c:\sysgcc\mingw32\include\secext.h:26:26: error: conflicting declaration 'typede
    f enum EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT* PEXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT'
                              ^
    rmdefs.h:75:26: error: 'PEXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT' has a previous declaration as 'ty
    pedef enum EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT* PEXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT'

make.exe: *** [qfilesystemengine_win.o] Error 1

And there is more and more of them...

EDIT:
    Version 5.0.0 worked fine. What's wrong with the newer ones?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What version of MinGW are you using ?

Why not use the one provided by Qt which is known to compile the Qt code base ?

• It is pre-compiled toolchain:
    Binutils 2.24
    GCC 4.8.1
    libc 7.6.1
    Package name mingw32-gcc4.8.1.exe

I have no idea what are you talking about, there is official mingw for qt? Please help me finding it

EDIT:
    IS it this one: https://wiki.qt.io/MinGW ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

The most simple way is to grab it from the online installer.

• FYI - I get the exact same error as the OP. I am also attempting the same - cross-compiling on Windows 7 (64-bit) for Raspberry Pi 3.

I was able to cross-compile 5.5.0 just fine and had no issues (besides it taking 18 hours). All the examples work and my co-worker and I even got a nice little I2C example working today.

That said - 5.7.0 is a no-go. First - I got the KEY_WOW64_32KEY error. I tried solving this by changing the function calls to match 5.5.0 by removing the extra argument so it looks like this:

qt_readRegistryKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, regKey);

There's 3 function calls, 1 in msvc_vcproj.cpp and 2 in msvc_nmake.cpp

Then those errors disappear and I get the horrendous list of EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT errors the OP got after defining the KEY_WOW64_32KEY const.

5.7.0 seems to have real issues on Windows...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

One thing you can do is bring your question and findings to the interest mailing list. You'll find there Qt's developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

• My "fix" (well, to get around the issues) were simply:

in qtbase\mkspecs\win32-g++

in qmake.conf modify QMAKE_CXXFLAGS to read:
    "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS = $$QMAKE_CFLAGS -U__STRICT_ANSI__ -D KEY_WOW64_64KEY=0x0100 -DKEY_WOW64_32KEY=0x0200"

in qplatformdefs.h disable the definition of EXTENDED_NAME_FORMAT, ie change the #if/#endif wrap
    "#if !defined(_WIN32_WINNT) || (_WIN32_WINNT-0 < 0x0500)" to
    "#if 0 //!defined(_WIN32_WINNT) || (_WIN32_WINNT-0 < 0x0500)"

Not a fix, a fudge, but it allows qmake to build.

Bruce.

• Great , thank you