Unable to display items with QWidgetTable

• I'm having a couple of issues with QWidgetTable, i've sectioned them in two lines.

1. I'm unable to append items to a QWidgetTable, i've wrote the following code:
            ui->Tabela->insertRow(ui->Tabela->rowCount());
            ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount(), 1, new QTableWidgetItem(_cod_produto));
            ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount(), 2, new QTableWidgetItem(_nome_produto));
            ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount(), 3, new QTableWidgetItem(_quantidade));
            ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount(), 4, new QTableWidgetItem(_quantidade_stock));
            ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount(), 5, new QTableWidgetItem(_preco));

But all it does is insert an empty row at the end. I thought setItem would append the item to the table. For extra info, the _cod_produto, _nome_produto, _quantidade and _quantidade_stock are QString's.

1. I need to read values again from the table, i've wrote the following:
    while(i++ < ui->Tabela->rowCount()){
            qDebug() << "From table: " << ui->Tabela->item(i,0)->text() << endl;
            _cod_produto = ui->Tabela->item(i,0)->text();
            _quantidade_stock = ui->Tabela->item(i,2)->text();
            _quantidade = ui->Tabela->item(i,3)->text();
            _preco = ui->Tabela->item(i,4)->text();

They return empty, i assume because every row in the table is blank and not due to any mistake i made while reading those values.

I would be very thankful for any help possible with this, i apologise for my rudimentary skills with Qt beforehand, and thank you in advance for any help!

• @Rust
    Doc says Inserts an empty row into the table at row.
    Instead you can use setRowCounthttp://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qtablewidget.html#rowCount-prop

• @Rust said:

ui->Tabela->insertRow(ui->Tabela->rowCount());
            ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount(), 1, new QTableWidgetItem(_cod_produto));

I did not try to compile your code but the last row has index rowCount()-1 (index starts at 0), so your setItem(...)-calls refer to an unexisting row (same for columns: your starting at index 1 - is this really what you want?). Try to call setItem(ui->Tabela->setItem(ui->Tabela->rowCount()-1, ....)`;

• @micland

Indeed i fixed that. QTableWidget now works as expected.

But now my problem is when i'm attempting to delete a row, iterating through all of them to find a matching field value to delete a row. My program crashes at the following loop...

qDebug() << "Now iterating through rows..." << endl;
        //iterate through indexes to remove item
        while(i <= ui->Tabela->rowCount()){
            qDebug() << "Row: " << ui->Tabela->item(i,0)->text() << endl;
            qDebug() << "Current iteration index:" << i << endl;
            if(_cod_produto == (ui->Tabela->item(i,0)->text())){
                QString _preco = ui->Tabela->item(i, 4)->text();
                if(_preco.isEmpty()){
                    qDebug() << "Price is empty, will now return and ignore action" << endl;

return;
                }
                QString _preco_total = ui->PrecoTotal->toPlainText();
                _preco_total = QString::number(_preco_total.toInt() - _preco.toInt());
                ui->PrecoTotal->clear();
                ui->PrecoTotal->appendPlainText(_preco_total);
                ui->Tabela->removeRow(i);

break;
            }
            i++;
        }

Now iterating through rows... is printed onto the console, but...

qDebug() << "Row: " << ui->Tabela->item(i,0)->text() << endl;

never gets to execute and everything crashes before it at

i is an int, rowCount() returns an int, or is it an unsigned it and it's because of that that everything's crashing?

Note: The table has values filled in when calling the loop.

• @Rust said:

qDebug() << "Now iterating through rows..." << endl;
        //iterate through indexes to remove item

Same problem: You're trying to access an unexisting row! Use operator < instead of <= to ensure that i is less than the rowCount and not "less or equal".
    (And just to be sure: do you initialize i = 0 before entering the while loop? this is missing in the example snippet above...)

• @micland

Indeed it's missing, i set it to i = 1 before the loop. I'll give your hints a try.

• @Rust said:

Indeed it's missing, i set it to i = 1 before the loop. I'll give your hints a try.

You have to set it to 0 and increment until rowCount-1. The indexes start with 0 so the last row has index rowCount-1. (a table with 4 rows has a rowCount of 4 and the indexes 0, 1, 2, 3 - same way as arrays are indexed and accessed).

• @micland

Managed to fix the issue with your hints. Thank you!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.