Qt on Mac, configuring to generate code for Android

• Hi everyone,

I installed Qt 5.6 on a Mac computer, and I would like to develop apps for iOS and Android.

When I installed, I marked the Android kit to be installed, and when I look at 'Qt/5.6', I see the android_armv7, android_x86, clang_64, and iOS directories.

But when I create a project, the only 'Supported Platforms' is 'Desktop', and in the 'Kit Selection', the 'Desktop Qt 5.6 clang 64bit' appears with a check mark, and 'Android has not been configured. Create Android kits appears with a yellow triangule. When I click on 'Details', a 'Configure' button appears, and when I click it, a 'Android Configurations' window appears. There I have to define 'JDK Location', 'Android SDK Location', 'Android NDK Location'.

I then clicked on the download button for the NDK, and the directory 'android-ndk-r11c' was downloaded. When I get back to 'Android Configurations' window, and click on 'Choose' button for 'Android NDK location', whichever directory I choose, I get '... does not seem to be an Android NDK top folder'.

When I click on the 'Android SDK location', it takes me to a web site, where I downloaded the 'android-studio-ide-143.2821654-mac.dmg'. I installed it, but when I get back to 'Android Configurations' window, and click on the 'Choose' button, I have no idea of where the SDK is.

Does anyone know how to define the SDK and NDK?

Sorry for the long explanation, and thanks a lot!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC, the Android NDK has been modified recently, try again with the latest r10 series.

IIRC, you only need the SDK tools.

In any case, did you install Android Studio ?

• Thanks for your time!

I installed Android NDK, and QtCreator recognized the base directory as a valid NDK installation, so this issue is solved.

I installed the Android SDK, but the Mac I am using does not have the JDK installed, and, unfourtunately, the login I am using is not in 'root' group. I must be able to install things on my own first, in order to be able to develop without depending on a administrator every now and then.

Thanks!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

AFAIK installing Oracle's JDK requires admin privileges. For doing Android development it's pretty much the only time you'll have to ask your admin to do an installation.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.