Hiding terminal and tabs

• Hi all, let me ask two questions, I didn't find appropriate answer in Google and Help.

1. When running compiled *.exe, it shows not only application itself, but also a terminal. Is it possible not to show terminal, 'cause it's annoying.
    2. How can I hide some tabs in tabWidget? If I use hide\show is just hides/shows it's contents, but not the tab itself. E.g. I need some settings that can be seen only after pressing "expert mode" button.

Thanks in advance for helping.

• Qt Champions 2016

@VulpesCorsac said:

When running compiled *.exe, it shows not only application itself, but also a terminal. Is it possible not to show terminal, 'cause it's annoying.

That's peculiar. Did you compile in release mode?

How can I hide some tabs in tabWidget? If I use hide\show is just hides/shows it's contents, but not the tab itself. E.g. I need some settings that can be seen only after pressing "expert mode" button.

The tab widget sees it has a child, gets the widgets text (i.e. title) and shows it in the tab view. Your expert mode would need to programatically add/remove the needed widgets as tab pages.

Kind regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.