Problems with running the example applications on Raspberry PI 2 using Ubuntu 14.04

• Hi,

I am trying to get some of the example applications running on a Raspberry PI 2 running Ubuntu 14.04.4 (Linux ubuntu 3.18.0-25-rpi2 #26-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 5 06:46:34 UTC 2015 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux). I am using the latest qt available from the ubuntu repos. I have a monitor attached to the HDMI port and that seems to work properly. For the hello world application, the window opens, but it is black and I can't see the Hello world text inside the window. The button seems to work because when I move the mouse into the window and click a mouse button, the application exists.

I see the following errors on startup, but I have been unable to figure out the problem:
    &"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Inappropriate ioctl for device\n"
    QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
    libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
    QML Debugger: Waiting for connection on port 49963...
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 450, resource id: 56623113, major code: 72 (PutImage), minor code: 0
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 453, resource id: 56623113, major code: 72 (PutImage), minor code: 0

Any ideas what is going on here?

Eventually, I would like to run the application full screen without X11.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.