QML Map correct zoomLevel

• Hi all,

I'm new in Qt development. I'm using QML Map element ( Qt Mobility 1.1 QML plugin ) to show map on the device. Everything works as expected, but i have one issue which i don't know how to resolve it and might need some correct directions/possible solution.

My problems is:
    I have a map and some MapCircles ( some circles are shown on some coordinates. I will change that probably to Landmarks later ). I want to set correct zoomLevel to the map so that all Circles ( points ) will be visible?? Is there any algorithm to calculate that? Any better approach/solution?

In general: i just want to set corretct zoom level so that all landmarks/circles will be visible. Maybe is there tottally different approach to achive that?

Many thanks for any directions/help!

Thanks,
    Jano

• Hi,

I don't think there's a function available to do this using QML. At least in QtM 1.1 there wasn't. The C++ API has QGraphicsGeoMap::fitInViewport(). You can pass this method a bounding box and it will try zooming to fit the box into the viewport.
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/qgraphicsgeomap.html

Not sure that will help you, but it's all I'm currently aware of.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.