QGesture and QDeclarativeItem

• Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything extra/undocumented to get a QDeclarativeItem to grab gesture events?

I am using the code described in the documentation (http://goo.gl/4Ym1R) but I just can't get any gesture events to come into the event() function.

When I ask Google for help I just get examples of people trying to do this outside QML with a standard C++ QGraphicView based app.

I wonder if QML is somehow blocking gestures?

Thanks,
    Paul Drummond

• Hi,
    I am in the same situation. With simulator gestures are recongnized, but on the device (Nokia C7) aren't.
    Have you managed this ?

thanks

• I have it working on my application (works on Symbian and Harmattan):

I am not sure if I tried grabGesture on the QDeclarativeItem. That is how I have it working:

My QDeclarativeItem has a QGraphicsWidget child with:

@
    setAttribute(Qt::WA_AcceptTouchEvents);
    grabGesture(Qt::PinchGesture);
    @

and I installed an event filter on it so could process the events on my declarative item.

• Hi, I have exactly the same problem: my QDeclarativeItem subclass doesn't receive any QGesture events.
    Did you manage to solve your issue?

@fcrochik: a QDeclarativeItem is a QGraphicsObject subclass, so in theory grabGesture() should work there as well. Why exacly did you call those methods from the child widget and not from the QDeclarativeItem itself?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.