Few questions regarding Qt Quick Scene Graph

• Hello everybody. I'm sorry if my question is too broad. I have a project where a lot of objects are painted on the screen whenever the user interacts with the app (pan, zoom, move) I would be really grateful to you if you could answer a few questions regarding the internals of Qt Quick Scene Graph:

1. Imagine that I add 1000 nodes with the same color inside QQuickItem::updatePaintNode() function of some QQuickItem derived class. Will they be drawn in batch as described here?
    2. Can I call the function of some other class in QQuickItem::updatePaintNode()? For example, I want to get new coordinates of the object and to do that I should refer to function of some other not QSGNode derived object and then use these coordinates for rendering one of the nodes.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Since you're looking at the internals of Qt, I'd recommend posting this question on the interest mailing list You'll find there Qt's developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.