uic or uic-qt4 not found with make rpm-package

• Hi folks,
    I'm new to compiling programs from source. So my question is helllppppp!

I've done a ./configure and qt is reported as version 5.5, all good

I had to add PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib64/qt/5.5/gcc_64/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib64
    and add to
    PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib64/qt5/bin:/usr/lib64/qt/5.5/gcc_64/bin

Then ran make and got the above message.

This is running on Centos 7.1

cheers
    thetone

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

What software are you trying to compile ? And how are you trying to compile it ?

• Hi SGaist,

thanks. I'm trying to compile wireshark v1.12 by running the ./configure command to check all dependencies are installed or correct then run the make rpm-package command to build the binaries

• Lifetime Qt Champion

How did you install Qt ? Did you also install the other dependencies of WireShark ?

• I installed Qt5 using the install qt-unified-linux-x64-2.0.2-2-online.run but changed the install directory to usr/lib64/qt5 ...for no particular reason, left everythingelse to default just qt5 ticked
    Yes I installed all the dependencies for Wireshark.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Since you have modified PATH, can you call uic from the command line ?

• ok so I've updated the path correctly and uic --help now runs.

But I get a different error when I run the make command.

==== snip
    In file included from /usr/include/QtGui/qplaintextedit.h:45:0,
    from /usr/include/QtGui/QPlainTextEdit:1,
    from ui_about_dialog.h:21,
    from about_dialog.cpp:25:
    /usr/include/QtGui/qtextedit.h:235:16: error: ‘QPrinter’ has not been declared
    void print(QPrinter *printer) const;
    ^
    In file included from /usr/include/QtGui/QPlainTextEdit:1:0,
    from ui_about_dialog.h:21,
    from about_dialog.cpp:25:
    /usr/include/QtGui/qplaintextedit.h:181:16: error: ‘QPrinter’ has not been declared
    void print(QPrinter printer) const;
    ^
    In file included from about_dialog.cpp:25:0:
    ui_about_dialog.h: In member function ‘void Ui_AboutDialog::retranslateUi(QDialog
    )’:
    ui_about_dialog.h:208:98: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    AboutDialog->setWindowTitle(QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "About Wireshark", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    ^
    In file included from about_dialog.cpp:25:0:
    ui_about_dialog.h:210:155: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    label_title->setText(QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "<span size=\"x-large\" weight=\"bold\">Network Protocol Analyzer</span>", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    ^
    ui_about_dialog.h:212:121: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    tabWidget->setTabText(tabWidget->indexOf(tab_wireshark), QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "Wireshark", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    ^
    ui_about_dialog.h:213:117: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    tabWidget->setTabText(tabWidget->indexOf(tab_authors), QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "Authors", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

ui_about_dialog.h:215:117: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    tabWidget->setTabText(tabWidget->indexOf(tab_folders), QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "Folders", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

ui_about_dialog.h:217:117: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    tabWidget->setTabText(tabWidget->indexOf(tab_plugins), QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "Plugins", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

ui_about_dialog.h:218:117: error: ‘UnicodeUTF8’ is not a member of ‘QApplication’
    tabWidget->setTabText(tabWidget->indexOf(tab_license), QApplication::translate("AboutDialog", "License", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

======= snip

Cheers
    thetone

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Looks like you are mixing Qt 4 and Qt 5

• are ok how do resolve this, uninstall qt4 ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Check the configure options to see if you can set which versions of Qt you want to use.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.