Use QDesktopwidget::availableGeometry to show QMainWindow maximized

• I'm building a QT application for Windows 7, using MinGW. In my code, I have a class derived from QMainWindow. This mainwindow is showed and closed several times (over different screens). I'm showing the window using the following code:

this->blockSignals(true);
    this->close();
    this->blockSignals(false);
    this->showMaximized();
    this->setGeometry(QApplication::desktop()->availableGeometry(mDisplayNumber));

Only the first time when this code is exectued, the window is showed as expected. The next times, the window is showed maximized, but i'm missing a few pixels at the bottom of the screen.

I also receive a warning in QT, when the code is executed:

setGeometryDp: Unable to set geometry 1600x1172+0+0 on QWidgetWindow/'CDisplayClassWindow'. Resulting geometry: 1600x1150+0+22 (frame: 8, 30, 8, 8, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 780x539, maximum size: 16777215x16777215).

What i don't understand is that the geometry returned by desktop() >availableGeometry looks like to be incorrect. My question is, how can i determine the geometry showed in the warning message?(1600x1150+0+22)

• Qt Champions 2016

@MvHorssen
    Hello,
    If I'm understanding correctly what you're attempting, just use QWidget::showFullScreen. Also I don't see a reason why you'd want to block the signals, could you elaborate on that?

Kind regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.