Dock Widgets Example Question

• I read http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/mainwindows-dockwidgets.html and would like to create an UI exactly like it.

Except:

1. centralWidget "Letter" put on right hand side, 2 DockWidgets "Customers" and "Paragraphs" put on left hand side.
    2. There is a bottom DockWidget.

However, the following code put "Customers" on left hand side, "Letter" on the central, "Paragraphs" on the right hand side.

How should I change the code to fix the layout problem?

@
    QFrame *frame = new QFrame( this );
    QLayout *layout = new QVBoxLayout( frame );
    frame->setLayout( layout );
    layout->addWidget( &m_Main );
    setCentralWidget( frame );

m_A = new A( this );
    addDockWidget( Qt::LeftDockWidgetArea, m_A );

m_B = new B( this );
    addDockWidget( Qt::LeftDockWidgetArea, m_B );

m_C = new C( this );
    addDockWidget( Qt::BottomDockWidgetArea, m_C );

@

• Dock widgets are freely placeable in the dock areas (either by code or by dragging the widget around). I don't understand the problem you see.

The letter is in the example placed in the central widget because it makes sense. You should probably be able to place the letter in a dock widget as well if that is what you want. I don't know what the effect will be though. I never tested the approach without a central widget.

• Moderators

bq. I don’t know what the effect will be though. I never tested the approach without a central widget.

I have tried this some time ago and it is not possible without central widget. There should be an empty widget at least

• Sorry, I am very new to QT. How should the above code (empty central widget) be changed?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.