Error when compiling Qt5 on windows with a few -skip commands

• Dear folks, I'm starting to move from Qt4 to Qt5.
    I have an issue when compiling qdoc
    Here is my configure command line:

configure -target xp -platform win32-msvc2013 -no-warnings-are-errors -debug-and-release -opensource -confirm-license -qt-zlib -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -qt-pcre -opengl desktop -no-angle -no-accessibility -no-qml-debug -nomake examples -nomake tests -no-compile-examples -skip qtandroidextras -skip qtcanvas3d -skip qtconnectivity -skip qtdeclarative -skip qtenginio -skip qtgraphicaleffects -skip qtlocation -skip qtmacextras -skip qtmultimedia -skip qtquick1 -skip qtquickcontrols -skip qtquickcontrols2 -skip qtsensors -skip qtserialport -skip qtwayland -skip qtwebchannel -skip qtwebengine -skip qtwebkit -skip qtwebkit-examples -skip qtwebsockets -skip qtx11extras -skip qtxmlpatterns

And here is the error I get:

cd qdoc\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5-head-x86-12.0\qtbase\bin\qmake C:\Qt\5-head-x86-12.0\qttools\src\qdoc\qdoc.pro -o Makefile ) && nmake -f Makefile clean
    Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: qmldevtools-private

Do you have any idea why it fails? Is qdoc not aware that some libraries were turned off by configure?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Which version of Qt are you trying to build ?

• The head of the repository

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Ok, mine was a bit older. It seems that currently, qdoc is indeed not checking whether the declarative module has been built.

I see two easy possibilities:

1. Disable the build of qttools
    2. Enable the build of qtdeclarative

• Moderators

@JulienMaille said:

The head of the repository

The head is not guaranteed to be stable.

I recommend you check out and build "v5.5.1". This is the latest stable release.

• @SGaist Thank you hehe, I found that myself while building Qt 5.6. Do you know any workaround for that? I mean I can't believe that we need QtDeclarative to build the docs! :(

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Well, AFAICT, it was already the case but there was code duplication elsewhere that made this non-obvious. Why is it needed ? Because qdoc needs to parse qml and that something that's available from the qtdeclarative module.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.