Program developed with Qt crashes at startup on some Windows machines?
This post is deleted!
Sounds like a usual Windows deployment problem. Go through the list:
- make sure you run Dependency Walker on the problematic machine and in profile mode, not just a static preview.
- confirm that you're not mixing debug and release dlls
- confirm that you're not mixing dll versions (happens often when you update to new version), you can check the version in the property page of your dlls
- confirm that you're deploying compiler specific runtime dlls (some computers might have them already installed by other software which would explain your symptoms)
- confirm that the plugins are not placed in plugins subdirectory (common mistake)
- make sure there's no Qt in the PATH environment variable on neither your nor the problematic machine
- if you can, post here a file listing or a screenshot of your deployment folder
@Chris-Kawa Thank you very much for replying!
I was unable to attach an image so typing the folder structure here:
I will try to use dependency walker on one of the affected computers later today, as I do not have access right now.